Happy 3 Years

Happy (what would have been) 3 Years Mello Bear. Today is your Gotcha Day. This day 3 years ago, we brought you home. I would've never imagined that we wouldn't even have 3 years together. Despite all the pain and sadness I feel every single day since your passing, I will never regret bringing you home. You brought me so much joy and comfort that words will never be able to express how much you truly mean to me. Although our time together was cut so very short, I will always cherish all the wonderful memories I had with you. You will always be my precious boy, forever and ever. I love and miss you so much.

I think it's okay if I'm a bit sad for the rest of my life. It will remind me that you were real.

Grief, I’ve learned, is really just love. It’s all the love you want to give, but cannot. All that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in that hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go.
 


Comments